Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

16 July 2006

Weekend Update

Baking, cooking, and general domesic duties took up most of my day off as well as Saturday morning. I'm not yet a pro at any of this, but I enjoy it more than I let on and think I'm coming along nicely in this arena.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mom and I did Friday lunch at Pompeii (mmm...YUM) and saw "The Devil Wears Prada". The movie was good; not great, but entertaining enough. Did I ever mention how unimpressed I am with Anne Hathaway? She wasn't really at all what I pictured the character of Andrea Sachs to be like. But I muddled past that because of the great clothes (supporting characters in themselves). And then there is Meryl Streep. So. Incredibly. Fantastic. Enough said.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Diva Niece's first birthday party was a riot. SIL booked the club house in their complex. A zillion times nicer than I ever expected. The downside was my brother was outside grilling almost the entire time, so he had to make do with my 101 pictures of the day to catch up on everything that happened.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Morgan's christening today. Lots 'o family time. I can't remember the last time we all saw each other this much. It had to have been the Christmas season years ago. It's nice, though, and unfortunate it doesn't happen more often seeing as how close many of my cousin's and I are. All this time with so many little kids running around has exhausted me.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hot, hot, HOT! I'm surprised I haven't melted. Thank God for A/C. My car isn't doing as well as I am. On the way into the city from Minooka (which is just right of BuFu) last night, the Check light came on. I was right at the Cumberland toll plaza, and meandered past that only to notice it lit up in all its glory. Bright orange and glaring me in the face. So I exited, turned around, and headed home, thinking to myself that whatever the was all lit up couldn't be good.

At every stop light, I thumbed through the owner's manual trying to find a picture of the darn symbol. Finally, I did -- but I have no clue what it means. All it told me was that if the stupid symbol lit up, stop driving and take the car to the nearest dealership. I thought it was the battery melting on me, but Little Bro told me that it's probably the engine and there are millions of reasons why it could be on. Great. So I called on him to play chauffer for me today, and I guess I'll be seeing Juan and his friends from my new repair shop tomorrow. I'm hoping it's a short or something easily fixed.

First the double tire fiasco and then the tirod issue and now this. All in a month's time. Stuff like this happens to me and only me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home