Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

17 June 2006

Randomness

Awful past few days in the office. Had my ass reamed for several no good reasons. Functional alcoholics do not make things better. Thank God it's the weekend.

The tire repair was more short-lived than I thought. It was looking semi-squishy again two nights ago. Raced home from work last night because I just knew it would be flat. I was right. On went the flashers and I coasted on over to Just Tires. Rugged-cute man assisted me. Turns out it was all their fault for not noticing the other leaks in the tire. Had to buy a new one because the one in my trunk is apparently not the same size as the other three (it's from another car, same model, but I suppose this is all entirely possible because I bought the car used and who knows what the previous owner did when it came to general maintenance). He was able to help me out and discounted it due to the fact that I paid for the repair-that-wasn't last Sunday. So a new tire is in place, I have learned that now all four are the wrong size for the vehicle but will do anyway, I wasn't sold anything I didn't need, and hopefully, hopefully, hopefully all is now well.

Drinks with Cheryl and Rafferty last night. So good to see Cheryl doing so well. She is loving her sales job at Marriott and is moving her way up. Fingers crossed she gets the promotion that she so justly deserves.

Woke up to what sounded like a truck barreling into the building this morning. No one deserves to be awakened to that after a night of tasty libations. Noticed that the power must've gone out sometime between 2:30 am and 9:20 am. Spent the first part of my morning re-setting clocks once the grogginess disappeared and I realized my eyes weren't playing tricks on me and things really were blinking. No one deserves confusion after a night of libations.

Saw the man who lives in the scary white house. He has definitely watched me dress and undress.

Girls Night In party in Bridgeport tonight. Spanish-Mexican theme. I am so looking forward to some good sangria.

What to get Dad for Father's Day? The man wants for nothing and is never pleased with anything. He is by far the hardest person to buy for. Mom says pajamas. I say not-so-original. Nothing like last minute pressure shopping.

Upcoming: Pride Parade next weekend. Have made a semi-promise to my GBF that I will meet up for copious Long Island's and scantily clad hot men with him, his gay brother, and an assortment of his friends coming in for the weekend. Though I am not much for parades, I am all for one of the biggest parties in Chicago. And I am all for scantily clad hot men. Even though they're more interested in GBF than me. A girl can look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home