Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

05 July 2006

I'm a Driving Advertisement

The car trials and tribulations continue. Since getting the new tire, I've heard (and felt) a slight but noticeable little clunk. Usually when I go over bumps, but sometimes when driving below 30 mph on a smooth road. Knowing this car actually had the right front passenger side wheel fall off 3 years ago, I'm naturally a bit paranoid.

My brakes are also a little soft and I need new dashboard lights and could use a look-see on the fluids, so I decided that I could get all of this done in one fell swoop. I normally am quite faithful to the mechanics at the local dealership. So much so that when I didn't live anywhere near it, I would drive to have Mike, Joe and the gang handle my vehicle. However, given my schedule these days, I decided to try someone new. Rafferty had gone to a little place on Oakton that was nice enough and reasonable enough and- this is huge- offer free loaner cars, that I just had to try 'em out.

So, the car is dropped off and hopefully will be back in my possession by tomorrow night. I also get $20 off my total bill because Rafferty recommended me. Nice!

And, the best part of all of this: I am now in possession of the oldest, ugliest sea-green '89 Honda Civic with advertisements for the auto clinic all over the car. I would be embarrassed out of my mind if I didn't think it was so hilariously funny.

1 Comments:

  • I'll be sure to look out for you if I happen to be in your neighborhood. If you hear obnoxious honking from a suburban assault vehicle, it will be me. Tee hee....

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home