Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

14 July 2006

Somber Morning

Got some bad news a couple nights ago from my dear friend, S. The doctors have discovered cancer, and they are going in to remove it this morning (actually, the procedure should've just started). Though they think they have caught this at an early enough stage, it is still a life-changing experience.

He is 1.5 months shy of turning 30. He is the healthiest (and best-looking) person I know. He is smart and witty and wise and caring. It just goes to show that this disease does not discriminate. Thankfully, he is in good spirits and has a wonderful mindset going into this operation. He amazes me.

So best wishes to S. With any luck, he has beat this before it even began.

2 Comments:

  • My best wishes to you and your friend. I hope and pray that the operation is succesfull and that your friend recovers fully.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 AM  

  • Thanks for the good thoughts.

    By Blogger mistressofchange, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home