Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

06 August 2006

Attention Joe(l) Rosen(berg)

Dear Joe(l) Ros(th)en(berg):

It appears as though you're in some sort of financial bind. Perhaps you've defaulted on your mortgage or some sort of home loan. Your creditors and other assorted people who have no shame in calling ALL DAY (and into the evening hours) also have several different names for you, all variations of your given name, I'm sure.

I know this because they keep calling and looking for you. And they won't stop. It's obvious you're running from these folks, and I'm sick of them calling me. So please -- do the stand-up thing and contact them. Or give them a phony number. I've tried to straighten it out with them to no avail. They think I'm screening your calls, which is laughable since based on the harrassment the people on the phone are providing towards me, I'm fairly sure I would like nothing about you or your character let alone help you in this situation.

Yours in Honesty,
MoC

2 Comments:

  • I feel for ya. Remember my previous blog post about the same topic? I'd call the phone company and change your number. We did that in our current house (because of the same thing, but then unfortunately got the McLanahan's old number and well, didn't want to go thru the hassle of changing it yet again). We got accused of harboring a fugitive as well and that got me steamed! I think I've changed my number once at each home I've lived in. If they keep calling just tell them you're going to file a harrassment suit because they are disturbing your privacy. If they laugh, tell them to go "F" themselves and then file the suit. Or change your number. Sometimes the phone company can track down a number that's been out of use for a long time. Good luck!

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 8:07 PM  

  • Thanks for the tip! As much as I hate to change my number, it might be worth it. Unfortunately, you can never tell what issues the new number can bring.

    By Blogger mistressofchange, at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home