Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

25 July 2006

I'm Such a Joiner

I have held health club memberships at just about every place I could in the Chicagoland area over the course of the past 10 years. In my search for the perfect gym- in close proximity to my residence (which has changed frequently in 10 years) to ensure I go as frequently as possible- I have learned what I like and what I dislike. I've seen and experienced it all, and now with my latest move it was time for me to change gyms again.

Sure, there are Bally's everywhere (my current health club of choice), but the closest one to my new abode is 5 miles -- which doesn't seem far, but try coming home from work (including the approximately 45 minute train ride), gathering the gumption to get into a car and sit in rush hour traffic to make it to the uber-crowded Place of Sweat. Ugh. No thanks. I'm a wimp when it comes to stuff like that. My waistline is evidence of the fact that I don't have the smallest desire to stick to the above routine.

So, after years of friends raving about Curves, I joined them today. There is something about a gym within walking distance from me (3 blocks from home, 1 block from the train) and one that touts 30 minute workouts that screams "This is the place for me!"

We shall see how this all plays out. I'm so beyond the point of being excited about a new gym, but I will admit that I'm happy about getting back into a workout routine (yes, I'm one of those sick people that actually enjoys working out once I have an established routine) and having no excuse to not follow it.

2 Comments:

  • My mom goes to Curves. She calls it "going to her jump and run". I will never see you in the same light again.

    By Blogger Elle Starr, at 10:04 AM  

  • I know, I know. It's even hard for me to picture myself there...which is actually really entertaining.

    By Blogger mistressofchange, at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home