Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

18 June 2006

Randomness, Part Deux

Is it downright criminal to spend the majority of one whole day- bright and sunny and hot yet breezy- nesting in one's new condo? Looking back, I'm feeling bad that it describes exactly what I did yesterday. Watched a bad movie (John Cusack, why did you ever make "The Ice Harvest?"), read, and general lazed about with a pot of coffee.

My Bridgeport friend has the most fantastic gatherings. Always fun, home-y, welcoming. Filled with divine food and drink. Guaranteed good times and laughs galore. Now that summer is in full swing, I fully expect even more regular gatherings, using her fabulous deck, of course.

This is shaping up to be another lazy day.

This morning's wake-up call came in the form of the White House Neighbors screaming at each other. Not in this domestic disturbance sort of way, but rather Man screaming to Woman and Older Man from his perch on the porch as they headed to the car on the driveway. Rather than have one meet the other to discuss in normal tones of voice, they continued the exchange at their respective locations for a good 10 minutes. Lovely.

The pot of coffee is on. I have just heard from Fabulous NY Lawyer Extraordinaire (aka The S in SYN) as well as Youngest Brother and am trying to get up the gumption to get my day really started with shopping and other errand-running.

Happy Father's Day to all Dad's out there.

Maybe if I'm lucky, Diva Niece will be at her Grandpa's today and we can have a little play date.

1 Comments:

  • I am SO into lazy days! Today was a perfect one...rainy, cruddy, humid...why go outside? If my husband's father, brothers, wives and kids weren't coming over to celebrate Fathers Day, I'd have parked my ass on the couch all day catching up on TIVO. In fact, some days I WISH it would rain so I would have an excuse to stay in!

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home