Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

01 June 2006

Ch-Ch-Changes

Oddest comment of my day:

"You are the only person I know who embraces change."

This...directed at me.

It's true I don't face change kicking and screaming, but I don't think I give it that come-hither look with open arms.

So I had to ponder as I fought the human traffic jam that is my walk to the train station: Do I really "embrace" change? After considerable internal recollection of past events, I suppose the answer is more yes than no. However, do I wholeheartedly welcome it? That's an entirely different beast. After all, who wishes for regular change? I like things the way they are, just like most other people. Though, as I told the giver of what was meant to be a compliment, you can't do anything to stop things changing so you might as well look positively upon it.

This...followed by the thought: I must really be duping people into thinking I am an eternally sunshiny, loves-everyone tree-hugger. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home