Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

17 May 2006

Welcome, Typhoon Chanchu

I am in the midst of my first typhoon. Typhoon Chanchu began to arrive this morning with some strong winds, and now some rain has been added to the mix. All in all, it doesn't look that bad and it certainly doesn't feel that bad. But everyone is already being warned of closings and the locals are beginning to fret. Honestly, Chicago is windier most winter days, and the rain back home coupled with the wind out-does this.

The typhoon is currently at a level 3 (there is no level 2, so we skipped right to 3 this morning). From the way it was explained to me from a local, this means that the winds are strong, the rains are strong, and most people begin to freak out. Level 8, which I have heard threatened, means people become shut-ins. Though level 8 could be really cool, it would suck business-wise so we're hoping for just a level 3.

This is certainly a little surprise- and some added excitement that will help make this the most memorable part of the trip. However, I do hope it passes quickly. I need the nice warm, sunny weather for the weekend, when the vacation kicks in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home