Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

27 May 2006

Domestic Activities are Bad for My Health

Admiring my gorgeous kitchen this afternoon, I decided that the floor could use a light sweeping. Since the new pad is MoC-sized and therefore has a kitchen floor that will require all of 2 minutes to sweep, I didn't think twice of picking up the broom and dustpan and setting to work. This sort of cleaning I can fit into any day.

As I was patting myself on the back for (a) even thinking of cleaning, (b) actually setting about doing, and (c) encompassing the very essence of domesticity, I felt a pain. A sharp, ouch-something-but-me pain. This, as I was cleaning off the baby dust bunny that has developed at the end of the broom.

I slowlt put down the bristly rod, stepped back, and examined the pad of my finger. Pain. Redness. A minute slice of skin that feels as though someone gouged out my fingerprint.

The broom bit me.

I don't doubt that I of all people can achiev an injury while doing minor domestic activities. However, now I know what I have long thought is true. Domestic activities are indeed bad for my health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home