Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

25 May 2006

Sighing is Bad for my Health

(Or at least my livelihood)

Yesterday was my review. Boss Lady- who is actually someone who I get along with- sat me down and proceeded to read to me. I liked this story because I thought she fairly assessed me, scoring me high in all categories but one.

That one being what I like to term "Does not play well with others." Which is so wrong because I do so play with others!

In either case, after documenting that I am an outgoing individual that gets along well with everyone, things took a turn when the next topic states that I get frustrated easily and exhibit it noticeably. In addition, I should learn to work better with other departments when I'm frustrated.

Huh??

I must've looked puzzled because Boss Lady said, "You know, frustrated. Outwardly. Like, those sighs."

Ummm...so sighing is no longer Ok?

I have been very self-observant the past 24 hours, catching myself sighing or almost sighing. It doesn't happen a lot, but to stifle it is hell.

A bad score in one category...over sighing and standing up for myself. I don't get it. It also isn't bothering me too much because it didn't affect the over all review in the least. I'm just wondering how I can show improvement in that category. Is it possible to go an entire year without sighing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home