Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

21 May 2006

Home Again

After nearly 24 hours of trans-Pacific travel (and sitting in airports), I'm back home from what was a great business trip and a fantastic vacation. I do so adore Hong Kong! The markets, the architecture, the cuisine, the outstanding beauty, the friendly people. I can rave for hours and hours about it. For the first time in a long time, I wasn't ready to come home. I could have easily stayed for a few more days, even with the new home to come back to, loads more unpacking to tackle, home improvement projects to start, and piles of work at the office. One or two more days would've been fantastic.

The typhoon amounted to very little. So much for my first-time typhoon experience. It ended up veering away from the island and hitting mainland China instead. Slight devastation occurred. As awful as that is for the people in the small town it hit, it worked out very well for my vacation plans. I got some fantastic color, relaxed enormously, drank even more enormously, and just enjoyed myself immensely.

Am already planning my next vacation there -- if all goes well, some time next April/May.

In the meantime, it looks as though I'll be home for awhile before the next round of international travel, which is welcome if only because I do have some home things I need to take care of. First, window and screen replacements tomorrow followed by getting the linen closet "build" situation sorted out (estimated completion date: mid-June at the very latest. I'm also hoping to get some summer vacation plans laid out. Stephen would like to come visit in June/July, and I'd like to make it up to Michigan in August. Inexpensive and relaxing are the two key points for my summer vacation ideas. I think I can easily accommodate that.

Exhaustion is setting in. I'm looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home