Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

21 March 2007

And Then...

Today has been one of those days. You know the kind. The ones that happen when you absolutely do not have the time, desire, or patience to deal with incident after bloody incident, each topping the other with its perplexities and outlandish happenings.

This is what I get for going out last night instead of staying in tending to preparations for my forthcoming trip. The Cosmos is getting back at me.

Cosmos, I soooo hope you enjoyed the copious laughs you got at my expense today.

It started with that great big pile of work that I could barely make a dent in despite 11 hours of non-stop trying.

And then...there was that collection agency on my ass for medical bills from the summer. Seriously, how is it that when the insurance agency (to whom I pay good money) and the doctor's (who accept said insurance for which I pay well) cannot come to any agreement (it's beyond me why exactly), they turn to the patient with an "oh well, we give up; your deal now" attitude?! Might I remind the Cosmos: This is getting old. You have been laughing at this since August. I think we need to wrap this up and move on.

And then...there was that call from the mortgage company advising payment problems. Who knew they called so late? Who knew they also have such nice workers. I spoke to three differerent people three different time in a 45 minute period and all three were very nice and helpful and calm--even when I totally lost it (perhaps more than once but less than three time). Kudos, Bank of America.

And then...I learned that check I mailed for my mortgage payment just never made it to its intended destination. Damn the USPS. (And yes, I will not be using your service for these payments again)

And then...I had to stop payment on the aforementioned check and now must deal with getting new payment in to the mortgage people before they decide to not be so nice to me anymore.

And then...I needed to actually set my mind to my trip.

But at this point, I'm unmotivated and exhausted and am honestly laughing because if I don't laugh I will cry. A lot. When it rains it pours and today I got drenched.

Luckily, I am trying my darndest to channel one of my favorite heroines to lift my spirits and pull me out of the dumps. Oh, Scarlett, yes, tomorrow is another day!

And what a day it will be! I'm working from home; I can make all of the necessary calls to clear up the cosmos' big crappy jokes; and, I can even do lunch with old co-workers before leaving for...wait for it...Italy. I'm so very excited about that even if it does include a week's worth of work before only a tiny bit of vacation. I'll be with some fantastic people in a country I've only dreamed of visiting (such a long time coming, I'd say) and life will be very, very good. That trip alone is enough to make me scoff at the other issues from today.

Pshaw indeed. Take that, Cosmos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home