Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

13 February 2007

Snow Day! (...or at least half of one)

A mass amount of snow has been falling from the sky and blowing all over Chicagoland since late last night. It's accumulating rather quickly, and as I walked to the train this morning I recalled the big snowstorm of January 1998, during which I was snowed into my garden apartment for 2 1/2 days and eventually had to climb out the kitchen window. Yeah, that was fun.

Though I think the city has learned something about snow storm warnings since then, it did occur to me that it would be nice if our office could alert all of us employees when we may be called off work due to weather-related reasons. And then I realized how silly that would be since we would never be called off ever.

So imagine my surprise when an email came through this morning from the president of the company telling us we could leave at noon. Wahoo!

So now I am snuggling warm at home where I can lounge around and do nothing (sooo perfect when it's crappy outside) for a few more hours before heading back into the city for the monthly dinner party with the Jeunesse Doree gang. Braving the weather will be a feat, but I'm sure it'll be uneventful.

...As opposed to NYC which had anything but bad weather. In fact, (imho) it was perfect winter fare. Too bad I couldn't bring that home with me. NYC folk may not think it was a good weekend, but it was high 30's and sunny and that was fine by me. As for NYC, it was wonderful (as always). When is it not? The Met, Central Park, 30 Rock, NBC Studios (and an impromptu concert from Keith Urban-who, by the by, I have never heard sing before but found interesting only because he just got out of rehab and is married to Nic), Times Square, and lots and lots (and lots and lots) of walking. Oh! And Spamalot was truly, amazingly awesome! It was the perfect weekend getaway and just what I needed.

2 Comments:

  • Glad you had a fun weekend...where did you see Keith? I think he was on SNL this past weekend.

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 5:22 PM  

  • Didn't see but rather heard him...practicing for SNL during the NBC studio tour. Good stuff.

    By Blogger mistressofchange, at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home