Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

11 January 2007

Weekend Project

The week has been...interesting...and I could certainly share many a tale. But most of them have a severe negative angle, and I prefer to stay upbeat. So instead I'll share with you my Christmas present to myself (oh, there were many of them this year, but that's because I was such a good girl).

Here is the new arrival, not even 24 hours old.



Oh, how I adore it! I can't wait to use my lovely new mixer! But first...finding it a home within the confines of my kitchen.

It seems I outgrew this place soon after I moved in. I'm sure creative moving-around-of-belongings will show me a bit more extra room, but in all honesty this teeny, tiny kitchen is begging for more storage space. Me thinks the only way to do this is empty some of the cabinets that are used mainly for storing bakeware and kitchen gadgets and start putting things away from scratch. Because this little lovely needs a place to reside other than the useless box in which it currently sits.

Thus, I present to you my exciting project for the weekend. I know. You're super jealous.

3 Comments:

  • Yay, new "me" gift! I would go through your cabinets and remove stuff that you KNOW you aren't going to use, then box everything up and store it (somewhere, I know space is hard to find!) It's truly amazing the crap we have in our kitchens and don't use. You've seen my kitchen and how many cabinets I have and I still don't feel like I have enough space!

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 8:34 PM  

  • I have found that the kitchen aid is actually a counter top item. 1) that sucker is damn heavy to be taking in and out 2) you'll use it more if you don't have to take it in and out 3) outa of sight is outa mind.

    PS What color did you get?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 AM  

  • It's white (I'd love something with more sizzle, but it just wouldn't match well), and I adore it! And you're right, Elle...it's definitely a counter top item. But now I need to move all the other gadgets populating my counter. Like I'm Just a Girl said, I'll have to root around and see what I don't need/use a lot and throw it in storage or give it away. Problem is, I pretty much use just about everything. I think I just need to organize better.

    By Blogger mistressofchange, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home