Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

29 December 2006

My Latest Biggest Annoyance

That crazy car commercial that uses that awful "Sound of Music" song... "So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, good-byyyyyyeeee..."

GAG. ME.

I'm sooo not a "Sound of Music" fan. Nothing against the Austrians or anything, but it's just not my thing. Making clothes out of bad drapes? Puh-leese. Spinning around the hills that are supposedly "alive" with music? No thanks.

I'm a fan of musicals. Hell, they were my favorite thing to act in. But I somehow have a particularly bad reaction to this one. Maybe it's because George forced me to watch it during Spring Break in college. (I detest being forced to do anything) Or maybe it's just because I found the entire thing unreasonable, unrealistic, and a tad bit silly.

Either way, hearing this car commercial (which plays incessantly on all local channels) with that awful song just makes me want to climb the walls. And of course, it especially sucks when TV is my only saving grace while under self-induced quarantine the past few nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home