Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

03 January 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

A woman who used to work for the company long before I did stopped by the office today with her 4-year-old daughter in tow. While the woman was catching up with a few of my co-workers, her daughter decided to walk around and introduce herself. The little girl sidled right up to me at my desk, introduced herself, and then petted my arm and told me I had a pretty sweater. Totally the thing I needed to hear during my "I feel fat" day! I gave her a nice comment on her furry pink coat, and we swapped a few other compliments before she tired of me and moved on to other people, hugging and smiling for them. But she didn't compliment them. Oooh noooo, those were reserved for the woman with the pretty sweater. Well-mannered and brilliant! Just lovely. If all little girls could be guaranteed to provide such ego boosters, I would think about having one. (I jest, really. But it must be an upshot to having a kid...right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home