Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

10 April 2006

Springtime

At last, Spring has arrived. I can hardly argue with a 70 degree sunny day in Chicago. It's here and I'm happy.

As I walked home along the tree-lined streets of my little suburb, I couldn't help but look around and think to myself that this would be the last Spring I spent in the town I adore. In a few short weeks, I am off to a new, equally nice place, not very far from where I currently live but different enough to make me wonder just what wonderful adventures await me there.

I doubt there will be children learning to ride their bikes, nearly running me over, as I walk home from work. Or neighbors grilling steaks midweek. But there will be a few things I don't have within walking distance of my current abode -- and that's margaritas. And a beer garden super close as well. Both just as nice Welcome Spring sights as bike riding and BBQs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home