Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

12 February 2006

Countdown to Spring

I. Hate. Winter.

There. I said it.

Why I live somewhere where winter tends to be the longest of all seasons still boggles my mind. But I love Chicago and do happen to think everything wonderful about this fantabulous city far outweighs that one little problem. You know, the bitter cold.

I'm usually good about the first couple of months. It meshes well with the holidays. I honestly don't mind it. Come January 1st, though, everything changes. My Countdown to Spring (or at least consistent spring-like temperatures) begins.

Because my fair city has been graced with such mild winter weather during the first month of the year, my annual countdown was far from my mind. However, winter came back with avengeance as we welcomed February, and it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. We even got snow yesterday! Ugh. Granted, it looked pretty as it was pelting the city. But that doesn't make up for the cold. You know, the cold that isn't going away any time soon.

So I am resurrecting the Countdown to Spring. As far as I can tell, we have about 47 more days until consistent spring-like weather hits the area. 47 days is pretty manageable. I can handle it, especially considering I'll be out of town- in warmer weather locations- for 10+ days of that 47. However, should that nice weather want to come sooner (and stay longer), I certainly won't quibble with Mother Nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home