Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

10 December 2006

Looking Ahead

Upcoming activities of the week -- a reflection of yay's and nay's:

Yay's:
* The cold is still hanging out in the form of this icky cough, but I'm chomping at the bit to get back to a normal workout and I have deemed tomorrow as my day to start again. Am definitely looking forward to that.

* Pot luck at work. An annual affair that is something we all actually have a little bit of fun with. My dish is an antipasto pasta salad, which is easy and yummy.

* Holiday drinks with CC and Babz. Always a fun time. Vino, here I come!

* Company Christmas party. A decent lunch at a more than decent place with plentiful wine. And an early end to the work day. Holiday drinks to follow if I have anything to say about it.

* Weekend Raclette party. Am really looking forward to it because it is oh-so-European and warm and homey. A little piece of France right here in Chicago.

* The FTF is trying to come down this coming weekend as well. When he writes daily and tells me how much he misses me, my heart just melts and I have to at least try to clear some time from my schedule. It will be a nice holiday visit for the both of us. And if I have to admit it, I do miss him, too.

Nay's:
* Loooong conference call with the Chinese. Though certainly not bad or too negative, it still makes for a never-ending work day (and night).

* Finding time to finish that much-mentioned Christmas shopping. I wish I could hire an elf to help me out.

The yay list far outweighs the nay list and that puts me in a great mood for the start of a busy week.

1 Comments:

  • Yay! Raclette party! Definitely would be on my yay list as well. Please post pictures!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home