Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

06 December 2006

Disappointment

I was so looking forward to this weekend: a well-planned and much-anticipated trip back to Milwaukee with an old college roomie to visit our old haunts and treat ourselves to much pre-Christmas debaucherie.

Alas, I was thusly advised that because her hubby is in need of her post-surgery (I do understand), our lovely weekend is canceled. Er, postponed. For early January. We hope.

The upshot is I can stay longer at the first holiday party of the season this Friday and perhaps imbibe a bit more and cook up even more holiday cheer than normal. And all of that holiday season stuff I have been trying to find time for? Well, that can start to be tackled, too.

There are upshots to everything. Even if disappointment does come with it.

1 Comments:

  • That would suck...I love visiting my alma mater too, so I hope you get to go there soon.

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home