Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

02 May 2006

New Home, Same Old Life

It's true: The more things change, the more they stay the same. After I nearly passed out at my closing (due to too many people in a small room that desperately needed air circulation and a big water pitcher on the table...oh yeah, and dropping more money in 2 hours than I have ever spent so quickly in any given moment in my life), things went really smoothly. From my beautiful new furniture arriving to the fast and professional movers, everything was fantastic.

And now I am in my new abode. Lovely. Small, but lovely. And I am left only with the prospect of unpacking. The kitchen is completely done -- or as done as it will be until I can get a step stool allowing me to reach those cabinets not meant for the height-challenged. The very thought that it's done is humorous because it's so brilliantly state-of-the-art that it is my show piece. Hopefully I'll actually have the time to use it.

All the other rooms are coming together, too. It's amazing that the packing took days and the unpacking is nearly done. There will undoubtedly be boxes left laying around. I've lived out of boxes for most of the past 10 years, so what's a few more weeks?

I have my first two improvement projects lined up: The first being getting my new windows and screens installed (knew that was coming); the second being actually making the spot for my linen closet actually a linen closet. Start with the small but important parts, I say.

I do love my place, though. It's perfect for me; perfect for right now. Why I thought I would feel different is beyond me. Same old life indeed. And that's not a bad thing. I'm more than ready to begin this new phase in my life -- sigh with satisfaction and even a bit of relief that the home search and buying process is over; happy that the packing and moving is over. And now I can just enjoy. A fabulous thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home