Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

08 March 2008

Watching, Reading, Doing

I love movies. With that said, I can tell you that unfortunately I never find the time to go to the theater anymore. NetFlix- and airplane trips- are my salvation in seeing anything even semi-recent. So it was a real treat last night to carve out some time to see a first-run flick.

The Other Boleyn Girl was a fantastic period piece! Aside from the fake English accents (Natalie Portman did a far better job than Scarlett Johanssen), it was truly great. And because there were some glitches in getting the movie going through the first 15 minutes, we all received free tickets to another movie of our choice (I think I’ll hold onto mine for the new Sex and the City movie). Now that’s customer service!

*****************************

I picked up Melissa Bank’s The Wonder Spot over the summer at one of Border’s sidewalk sales for a couple bucks. It went in my “bought for cheap, read later” boxes sitting by my book shelf and I grabbed it earlier in the week to occupy my commute to work and back. I so adored it! I love Bank’s writing style. It’s like listening to a girlfriend recount moments in her life.

The problem with the “bought for cheap, read later” box is none of the books are new…and I often crave a hot-off-the-presses book. So it looks like a trip to the book store is in my future. I want to stock up on a few new titles for my trip to Cali later this month.

*****************************

A good friend and her hubby have been having some fundamental marriage issues that started years ago and have only grown worse. The past seven months have been especially bad and he moved out last weekend. Though we all think this is probably the best outcome that could come from their awful situation (she thinks so, too), it’s obviously hard for her. So tonight, we bring the party to her house. A great occasion for a Girls Night In if ever I heard of one.

*****************************

Only 14 more days until Mom and I fly out to San Diego to see Diva Niece. Boy, I miss that little girl! Of course the trip will be wonderful but not having an endless supply of airline miles (you’d think I would) or money, I know that trips out there can’t be as frequent as I’d like. So the goal for the weekend is to finally set up my web cam. I think I’m the last family member to get their lazy butt in gear with this project—and this lazy family member is the one that bought everyone this new toy. Go figure.

*****************************

More snow?!?! How far do you need to be from the lake to capitalize on lake-effect snow? Another 3 inches on the ground. Really? C’mon. The seasonal god’s are just laughing at Chicagoans now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home