Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

21 February 2008

Respite from the Cold

Time has a way of slipping by. It's been almost a month now since Diva Niece moved. Aside from one call early into her trip where she told me all about "watching the sun go to sleep" at the beach, she's too in love with her new room and play areas and town to miss me too much. With the keen foresight to know that this would be a sore problem, on a half-whim I booked a trip out to see her. So not only will the Easter Bunny be visiting Diva Niece on March 22, but Auntie MoC will be out there, too.

The visit will come at a perfect time since this winter has been one of arctic proportions and I'll no doubt be ready for a little warmth and sunshine by then. I would prattle on about the well-above average amounts of snow and the treacherous black ice and the bitter cold, but it would only serve to anger me. And really, the subject is amazingly boring. I'm so done with winter in general and the topic of Chicago weather specifically.

With that said, I am sooooo ready for Spring to arrive. Who here isn't?

1 Comments:

  • Amen sister. It was 47 degrees here today and sunny, and you would have thought it to be down right tropical the way we were all acting! The so-so warm sunshine sure was nice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home