Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

13 January 2008

Loose Ends

Diva Niece's dad is home for the weekend befor returning to SoCal for week 2 of his new job. He made my day yesterday when he told me they would be living with the 'rents the last week of the month since they needed to give the movers a chance to drive their stuff across the country. I am already blocking off that week for plenty of time with the little one before she leaves for sunnier playgrounds.

*****************************

The big news I was waiting for this past week didn't really come as I was playing phone tag at the tail end of Friday with the person who was supposed to give me the big news. In anticipation that the news is what I suspect it could be, it's time for my mental pro/con list to be put on paper. The confusion of it all just gives me one big headache. It will also make for an interesting Monday.

*****************************

I am still coming to terms with the fact that our annual Golden Globes party has no reason to happen this year. So much for snarky comments and finger food. I fully support the writers and understand the strike and why the start of awards season is not just toned down but really quite nonexistent. But my entertainment-and love of finger food- is suffering here. Hollywood better be working on a solution for the Academy Awards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home