Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

23 September 2007

Weekend Randomness

Friday I decided to be uber-responsible both professionally and personally/financially and cancel my minibreak in Berlin, which would have taken place after my week of work over there in October. I know I'm going to be working weekends and extra-long hours for the remaining months of the year and I need to get back Stateside to start plugging away on action items from my South American marketing plan [which is slowly spinning out of control]. My friends think I'm slightly crazy, but seeing as this will save me several hundred dollars that can be applied to my December island vacation I'm Ok with the decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've managed to avoid the domesticity that are Pampered Chef parties--until Friday night, that is. To support a co-worker, I drove out to the middle of nowhere to her gorgeous home and made small talk with judgmental soccer mom's (yes, being single and childless at this particular juncture has been at least 75% my choice). Thank god the Traveling Vineyard lady was there, too. And, because I have a hard time saying no to overpriced kitchen gadgets, I walked away spending close to $75, which is technically a cheap night if the prices in the catalog are any guideline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After doing a 5k charity walk last weekend, J and I decided to do one every Saturday morning...for our ass's charity. The upside is we can catch up weekly in person (which has proven a difficulty since my move over a year ago). The downside is early Saturday mornings (like, 8am early) will be difficult on those Friday nights that occasionally quickly turn into early Saturday mornings. Oh, who am I kidding. It's more than just occasionally.

Week 1 of this new (personal) charity walk was quite refreshing once I woke up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adorable Diva Niece spied me yesterday at my parents' house, booked right past her grandparents as she walked in the door for her 2-day stay, and jetted over to me, screaming my name. There are few greater feelings than being adored that unconditionally. To repay the show of affection, I got up extra early this morning to go over and spend some quality time with her, which made for lots of early morning shrieks and countless twirling around and falling down playing Ring Around the Rosie, which is far more exhausting in your 30's than, say, when you're 2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somehow my camera battery just up and died. It was working fine when I downloaded some pictures a couple weeks ago, but when I went to turn it on today nothing happened. It's been charging for the past 4 hours and it's no closer to holding a charge than it was at the beginning of the day. I'm not sure how it happened, but it pisses me off and now it means a trip to Best Buy to make good on my warranty. I'm not a big fan of dealing with customer service people who try to find loopholes in the warranties they sold you. Fingers crossed I get a competent one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I *heart* Indian Summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home