Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

10 September 2007

Depreciation

I met the resident real estate agent, DP Mary, in the laundry room this evening--and she effectively saddened the mood of the night. During our conversation she mentioned that the units currently for sale in the building aren't selling because they're over-priced for the market. I casually asked what the (supposedly outrageous) average asking price was--and she stated a dollar amount $5k less than mine was sold at. The look on my face must've given away my suddenly sour mood because she said, "Oh sure, things have devalued by about 15% since you bought." Not what I wanted to hear. I know the market has its ups and downs, but you never want to think something you're living in is rapidly depreciating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home