Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

28 December 2006

Travel Part 1: Best and Worst

Just because I do a lot of work-related travel doesn't mean I enjoy every place I visit. Though it's true many of the destinations are awesome, there are some duds as well.

Best Work-related Destination in 2006
This is a hard call, but I have to say Hong Kong. There really is no place quite like it. East meets West in this one-of-a-kind destination.

Worst Work-related Destination in 2006
Sao Paulo. No offense to the Brazilians. You're a nice bunch of people and have some awesome cuisine. But it really is a dud of a destination. The poverty everywhere adds amazing sadness and the crime problem adds an element of danger I'd prefer not surround me.

Best Thing Seen Whilst Traveling
Yes, this is where I've been lucky. Hands down, it's the Great Wall. Truly amazing.

Worst Thing Seen Whilst Traveling
See Worst Work-related Destination in 2006 and re-read the bit about poverty and crime. But especially the poverty part. The socio-economic issues in Brazil are beyond comprehension.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home