Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

14 January 2007

Nod to the Globes

Tomorrow is the beginning of Big Awards Season. Since the pundits have their picks, why shouldn't I have my own? I'm no psychic and I can't even claim to have seen some of these movies or miniseries. But why not have an opinion? Let's see how well I do come tomorrow night.

Best Picture (Drama)
Babel
Bobby
The Departed
Little Children
The Queen

Who I think will win: The Departed (Scorsese + DeCaprio = win)
Who I wish would win: Little Children. Because anything a little raw should receive some nod.

Best Picture (Musical or Comedy)
Borat
The Devil Wears Prada
Dreamgirls
Little Miss Sunshine
Thank You For Smoking

Who I think will win: Dreamgirls (too much buzz)
Who I wish would win: I'm torn. Little Miss Sunshine was awesome. But Borat was an amazing pop culture success (and I almost peed myself laughing so hard)

Animated Film
Cars
Happy Feet
Monster House

Who I think will win: Happy Feet
Who I wish would win: Monster House

Best Actor in a Leading Role (Drama)
Leo -- Blood Diamond
Leo -- The Departed
Peter O'Toole -- Venus
Will Smith -- The Pursuit of Happyness
Forest Whitaker -- The Last King of Scotland

Who I think will win: Leo -- for one of the movies
Who I wish would win: Will Smith

Best Actor in a Leading Role (Musical or Comedy)
Sacha Baron Cohen -- Borat
Johnny Depp -- Pirates #2
Aaron Eckhart -- Thank You for Smoking
Chiwetel Ejiofor -- Kinky Boots
Will Farrell -- Stranger than Fiction

Who I think will win: Sacha Baron Cohen
Who I wish would win: Sacha Baron Cohen

Best Actress in a Leading Role (Drama)
Penelope Cruz -- Volver
Judi Dench -- Notes on a Scandal
Maggie Gyllenhaal -- Sherrybaby
Helen Mirren -- The Queen
Kate Winslet -- Little Children

Who I think will win: Helen Mirren
Who I wish would win: Helen Mirren

Best Actress in a Leading Role (Musical or Comedy)
Annette Bening -- Running with Scissors
Toni Colette -- Little Miss Sunshine
Beyonce Knowles -- Dreamgirls
Meryl Streep -- The Devil Wears Prada
Renee Zellweger -- Miss Potter

Who I think will win: Meryl Streep
Who I wish would win: Meryl Streep

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Ben Affleck -- Hollywoodland
Eddie Murphy -- Dreamgirls
Jack Nicholson -- The Departed
Brad Pitt -- Babel
Mark Wahlberg -- The Departed

Who I think will win: Brad Pitt
Who I wish would win: Ben Affleck

Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Adriana Barraza -- Babel
Cate Blanchett -- Notes on a Scandal
Emily Blunt -- Devile Wears Prada

Jennifer Hudson -- Dreamgirls
Rinko Kikuchi -- Babel

Who I think will win: Jennifer Hudson
Who I wish would win: Emily Blunt

Best Director
Clint Eastwood -- Flags of our Fathers
Clint Eastwood -- Letters from Iwo Jima
Stephen Frears -- The Queen
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu -- Babel
Martin Scorsese -- The Departed

Who I think will win: Clint
Who I wish would win: Stephen Frears

Best Screenplay
Babel
The Departed
Little Children
Notes on a Scandal
The Queen

Who I think will win: The Departed
Who I wish would win: The Queen

Best Original Score
Babel
The Da Vinci Code
The Fountain
Nomad
The Painted Veil

(FYI: I have seen none of these. Score? What score?)
Who I think will win: Babel
Who I wish would win: The Fountain

Best Original Song
Something from the Pursuit of Happyness
Something from Dreamgirls
Something from Bobby
Something from Happy Feet
Something from Home of the Brave

Who I think will win: The song from Dreamgirls
Who I wish would win: The song from Bobby

Best Foreign Film (it's always fun to guess these since I tend to watch these movies after awards season, therefore I am going off of names and countries)
Apocalypto
Letters from Iwo Jima
The Lives of Others
Pan's Layrinth
Volver

Who I think will win: Letters from Iwo Jima
Who I wish would win: Volver (Penelope's in this one)

Best TV Series (Drama)
Big Love
Grey's Anatomy
Heroes
Lost
24

Who I think will win: Heroes (I don't watch it, but everyone else I know does, and the buzz around this one is huge)
Who I wish would win: Grey's Anatomy

Best TV Series (Musical or Comedy)
Desperate Housewives
Entourage
The Office
Ugly Betty
Weeds

Who I think will win: Ugly Betty
Who I wish would win: Ugly Betty

Best Mini-Series or TV Movie
Bleak House
Broken Trail
Elizabeth I
Mrs. Harris
Prime Suspect

Who I think will win: Elizabeth I
Who I wish would win: Elizabeth I

Best Actor in a Leading Role (Drama)
Patrick Dempsey -- Grey's Anatomy
Michael C. Hall -- Dexter
Hugh Laurie -- House
Bill Paxton -- Big Love
Kiefer Sutherland -- 24

Who I think will win: Patrick Dempsey
Who I wish would win: Bill Paxton

Best Actor in a Leading Role (Musical or Comedy)
Alec Baldwin -- 30 Rock
Zach Braff -- Scrubs
Steve Carell -- The Office
Jason Lee -- My Name is Earl
Tony Shaloub -- Monk

I love all of these and they all should win (although, really, is Monk still on?!). However...
Who I think will win: Alec Baldwin
Who I wish would win: Alec Baldwin

Best Actor in a Leading Role (Miniseries/TV Movie)
Andre Braugher -- Thief
Robert Duvall -- Broken Trail
Michael Ealy -- Sleeper Cell
Chiwetel Ejiofor -- Tsunami
Ben Kingsley -- Mrs. Harris
Bill Nighy -- Gideon's Daughter
Matthew Perry -- The Ron Clark Story

Who I think will win: Robert Duvall
Who I wish would win: Bill Nighy

Best Actress in a Leading Role (Drama)
Patricia Arquette -- Medium
Edie Falco -- Sopranos
Evangeline Lilly -- Lost
Ellen Pompeo -- Grey's Anatomy
Kyra Sedgwick -- The Closer

Who I think will win: Patricia Arquette
Who I wish would win: Patricia Arquette

Best Actress in a Leading Role (Musical or Comedy)
Marcia Cross -- Desperate Housewives
America Ferrers -- Ugly Betty
Felicity Huffman -- Desperate Housewives
Julia Louis-Dreyfus -- New Adventures of Old Christine
Mary-Louise Parker -- Weeds

Who I think will win: Julia Louis Dreyfus
Who I wish would win: America Ferrera

Best Actress in a Leading Role (Mini Series/TV Movie)
Gillian Anderson -- Bleak House
Annette Bening -- Mrs. Harris
Helen Mirren -- Elizabeth I
Helen Mirren -- Prime Suspect
Sophie Okoneda -- Prime Suspect

Who I think will win: Helen Mirren (Liz)
Who I wish would win: Helen Mirren (Liz)

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Thomas Haden Church -- Broken Trail
Jeremy Irons -- Elizabeth I
Justin Kirk -- Weeds
Masi Oka -- Heroes
Jeremy Piven -- Entourage

Who I think will win: Masi Oka
Who I wish would win: Jeremy Piven

Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Emily Blunt -- Gideon's Daughter
Toni Collette -- Tsunami
Kathrine Heigl -- Grey's Anatomy
Sarah Paulson -- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Elizabeth Perkins -- Weeds

Who I think will win: Elizabeth Perkins
Who I wish would win: Kathrine Heigl

1 Comments:

  • Wow, your TIVO must be going nuts with all the shows and movies you watch!!! I haven't been to a movie in months. At least I have your blog to read to catch up on this stuff!

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home