Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

13 November 2006

On the Road Again

Didn't I just get home?

I'm used to the frequent travel. Hell, it's my job. And normally I don't mind it. I'm pretty used to living out of a suitcase, never 100% unpacking, and cramming everything to do at home- errands, social commitments, etc.- into a few short weeks.

So why is it so taxing to know I have to hit the road again?

Me thinks it's because Nesting Season has begun. I am slowly finishing the rest of my unpacking now that my lovely linen closet shelves have been installed, and I'm really looking forward to finishing up that project and starting in on some light decorating and enjoying my home. There's something about the impending holidays and the beginnings of winter that make me want to just curl up in my pad and enjoy enjoy enjoy.

There are some positives to this trip, and I'm trying to keep that in mind. In no particular order:

1. It's short. I'm back Saturday morning, so this is entirely do-able.

2. It's Brazil. I've never been--and now I can cross it off my list.

3. Everyone else I'm traveling with feels the same way about this trip, so I know we'll all be on our best behavior, trying to make the most of it.

(And this is the big one...)

4. It's my last work trip of the year--and possibly the last work trip for many months.

That's right. Unless I am asked to go on some (now unforeseen) trip in the first part of 2007, it appears as though I am home until springtime--which means the travel bug will be biting pretty hard and I'll gladly pack up and head out somewhere.

In the meantime, off to Sao Paulo I go. And then I can focus 100% on my vacation. Yes, vacation. Such a novel idea. St. Martin, here I come...Just as soon as I get back from Brazil.

1 Comments:

  • Brazil. I'll go for you. You can stay at my house and curl up on my couch while four kids run circles around you.

    Ahhh...Brazil.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home