Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

05 November 2006

Sunday Things--A Study in Love and Hate

The day finally arrived. My linen closet shelves are installed thanks to a friend's hubby. Handy men are so nice and convenient--especially for a single gal like me.

My utter elation in having the shelves installed (it took months, after all!) came in direct contrast to my frustration and dislike of CBS. See, because I was busy with the shelf installation, cooking dinner, and an airport pick-up, I didn't have much time to notice when 60 Minutes ended. I knew programming was running late because the Steelers game went past 6pm, but I wasn't even paying attention to how much longer. My DVR is set to record The Amazing Race (one of my very favorite programs) every Sunday and even run 15 minutes past it's scheduled end time. And that just wasn't good enough for tonight. So, I missed the last 20 or so minutes and have no idea what happened.

Issue #1: Football is important. I understand that and am leading that bandwagon. My problem is with the people who decide to air programming from 7-10pm. Why not start at 8:00 and be guaranteed that everyone is tuned in and ready to watch or have their recorders programmed and ready? Pisses me off.

Thinking I could at least get the information on-line (after all, it's done airing in all time zones by now), I went to the web site and nothing was up. Just a recap of last week's episode.

Issue #2: If you're going to have an interactive web site and you know people will be going there for show wrap-ups, why not have the new content posted when the program is officially done airing? Pisses me off.

So now I have no idea who got kicked off or what happened with the people gagging on their fast forward food. I also realize that in the grand scheme of things, this isn't that big a deal. But like I said, it pisses me off. And now I have to wait for tomorrow, and I hate waiting. Ugh.

I keep going to my linen closet, already starting to fill up, to remember the really happy, successful part of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home