Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

13 June 2006

Boycotting BP

I have yet to write my complaint letter to BP. The boycott is still on, though. They just don't know it yet.

So imagine my surprise when I came across this article. Seems Jesse Jackson and I have something in common (who knew!). Unfortunately, I'm boycotting because of the poor help and general rudeness of their employees, and he's boycotting because of the general lack of minorities in franchise and clerk positions. Which I find awfully hard to believe.

I can't quibble, though. Everyone knows I think JJ is a crazy man (albeit a passionate one). However, it's convenient he's calling for a boycott of the same place that I am boycotting. I'm not hopping on his bandwagon, and he's not hopping on mine, but the end result has the same effect.

2 Comments:

  • I hope that is the only thing you and JJ ever have in common. I'm surprised he has not boycotted Dairy Queen for serving white soft serve. But if anything good can come from this, BP can get the negative publicity they deserve for treating you like crap.

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 8:35 PM  

  • No worries. I detest JJ and doubt we'll have many causes in common in the future. This is just mere convenience.

    By Blogger mistressofchange, at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home