Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

18 August 2007

Week in Brazil

Doing business in Brazil is much different than anywhere else. Maybe it's because it's an emerging country or maybe it's just because most business people with whom I've dealt have that "it can wait 'til tomorrow" attitude. Whatever it is, it's made the past month leading up to my important week in Sao Paulo frustrating and amazingly busy.

Adventure #2 in Sao Paulo beat my first journey to the country's seat of business, which wasn't really hard to do. This time around my days were spent fighting traffic that makes Chicago's rush hour look like a drive down a deserted country road. The city is one big traffic nightmare and no amount of planning ahead to get from one end of the sprawling city to the other ensures timely arrivals to sales meetings, evening commitments, and various other team meetings (even when leaving 2 hours between appointments).

Despite sketchy logistics and regular schedule upheavals (all of which were beyond annoying), the trip was a good one, worthwhile from a number of sales and promotional standpoints, and will surely aid my work in the months ahead.

In addition to enjoyable evenings out with co-workers and an amazingly successful evening reception at the Institut Tomie Ohtake, I was treated to two wonderful wonders of Brazil: fantastic cuisine coupled with impeccable service...and hot Brazilian men. Both made up for the stresses of the daily grind.
Though the week was productive on several levels, I was more than happy to return home this morning. To be met with a rainy, cool day was a nice treat as well since I'm too exhausted to even think of enjoying any outdoor activity right now.

So...a quiet evening vegging on the couch and catching up on NetFlix rentals is what's in store for me. I couldn't be happier right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home