Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

03 December 2006

Tis the Season

The holiday season has once again managed to sneak up on me. The last time I recall having enough time to actually do everything I wanted to get done and still enjoy the season was back in 2002 when I was laid up and off work for gall bladder removal. Believe me, you can get a lot done when not standing entirely upright.

Since there is no gall bladder to remove and 22 days until Christmas Day, I decided that I needed to get a jump start on a few holiday items before time really escaped me.

Holiday Cards bought. Check.

A list of who to buy for along with gift ideas. Check. (Yes, it would be more productive to actually start the buying, but I detest wandering around crowded stores without a game plan.)

Christmas tree purchased. Check.



My own perfect Italian stone pine bush of a tree. Sparsely decorated by my friends at the local grocery store. It's ideal for my living situation: dresses up a table, makes the condo smell nice, and requires no more upkeep and care than the average plant.

It's beginning to look a little more like Christmas around here.

Now...if only I can brave the malls...

3 Comments:

  • Cute tree! Kind of like the Charlie Brown tree but much more personality!

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 8:06 PM  

  • Thanks! I thought the same thing.

    By Blogger mistressofchange, at 8:13 PM  

  • Internet, internet internet. Shop at home. All the shipping fees are completely worth shopping in your undies and not having to find a place to park.

    By Blogger Elle Starr, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home