Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

15 January 2006

Exercising Moderation: Take 2

Another big football day spent downing some libations and watching the tube. The last time the Bears were in this position, DXB and I were in the beginning stages of our relationship. We've had a chuckle or two at how much things change- and can be charted by football. Of course, he compares everything to football.

Lucky for me, my hard-core football-loving friends don't stop with DXB and his pals. While he tailgates and screams his face off (which I'm sure he's well into as I post this), I'll be watching the game at a friend's house with a bunch of other people that wished they could've gotten tickets but didn't. Because it's mid-day I'm going to have to watch the alcohol consumption, if only because (a) the night will be so young when the game ends (and who needs their evening cut off early like that), and (b) lovely FTF would like to get together this evening (and why would I want to ruin that?). The possibility that the latter may not happen is fair because logistically-speaking it's terribly hard to coordinate time, space, and distance. We're just not good at it (but are getting better with practice). Surely there will be copious amounts of drinks and fun served up throughout the day, but me thinks exercising moderation today will come off much better than Friday's attempt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home