Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

14 January 2006

Great Thought. No Execution

Exercise moderation. An excellent thought that should've had more of a plan attached to it. For the most part, last night was a good time. But with such a motley assortment of people under one roof where libations are cheap- well, you just have to drink. And you lose track. And then there's no plan to bring you back.

It was nice to reconnect with some old colleagues. DXB was at first stand-offishly civil, but then his friends were beyond nice (and funny and sweet) to me and he completely came around. I don't understand their odd male friendship dynamic. I wasn't treated nearly so well when he and he I were dating. The proposition from him arrived early in the evening (not his usual style), and I sat on it without commitment until we were all leaving...and of course I took it.

No regrets. There has been no shift in control. But the conversation was more entertaining than anything else...and it immediately sends me back to that time and place when we were together and happy and enjoyed each other's company on a daily basis. But it's just not the same. Odd that I felt this way- it's truly the first time I have had such flash backs with him/from that time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home