Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

07 January 2006

Sir, You Are Not For Me

I have debated on end this week in regard to my handling of the Marc situation and have come to a conclusion.

Back story: Bar friend wants so much more, and after a year's worth of deflections and rejections on my part I decide persistence is a positive and agree to one date...which turned into two.

Final Analysis: The brakes are on because I am not wowed. And he doesn't get it. Not even close. If he did, he wouldn't have introduced me to his children Wednesday night. He wouldn't eagerly ask what I think about them because "hanging out like this" could be mine. Talk about moving quickly! The sad part is his kids are polite and nice and- dare I say it- a tad fun. In fact, I may like the kids more than I like him. Therein lies the problem. He's brokering his children for my attention and commitment, and there's something fundamentally wrong with that.

Thanks to CC, I received an honest assessment over yummy wine at
404 Wine Bar. It is agreed: I am not being harsh or mean or even insensitive by being honest and putting our friendship firmly in its place. And if he elects to continue his pursuit of me, so be it. I will only relent if and when I am truly wowed by him. Stranger things have happened. But until then, it rather seems like a waste of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home