Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

18 November 2007

Bonus Prize for My Presence (Presents)

I normally have a small amount of dread associated with baby showers and I know I'm not alone. The reason is simple: It feels like I have to be there--and they always tend to go on about 2 hours too long. With that said, it's always for a happy occasion and is therefore just one of those things that I grin and bear. These things are always made better by finding the kitschy fun in the silly games we play--and winning never hurts, too. So, today's baby shower was made especially good by the fact that I was the Big Winner of a random drawing that entitled me to a lovely gift basket that included, among other nice things, a good bottle of wine. There's the compensation I'm talkin 'bout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home