Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

09 July 2007

The 80's Movie That Makes Me Cry

So tonight I was watching "She's Having a Baby," that great John Hughes flick starring Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern (whatever happened to her, anyway?). I love it for its Chicago link and the ultimate 80's everything that runs through it. I've seen it more times than I can count, and I always cry at the same place each time. The first strains of "This Woman's Work" plays and Kate Bush starts singing and I am a teary mess. And an amazingly young Kevin Bacon shedding a tear? Just moves me to pieces.

Ok, so I'm PMS'd and could probably tear up over just about anything today. But there's also something about cheesey 80's movies that holds a special little place in my heart.

1 Comments:

  • I, also, am a child of the 80's. After 15 years of no viewing, I was able to say almost ever line in Breakfast Club a few months ago. That inspired me to get Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, and St. Elmo's Fire. Ahhhh. The good old days of grand cinema.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home