Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

01 July 2007

Good Night?

You know it must've been a fun (or funny) night when the last thing you can remember vividly was a little after midnight-- and you know for a fact you didn't hop into bed until 2:30 am.

When you vaguely remember falling down a (small) hill and laughing your ass off because you can't get up, you know it was damn interesting.

When you wake up with a fuzzy mind, a sore knee, and a sick tummy, you know you're getting way too old for hard nights (thank god they're in moderation!)

When you know you weren't the only one feeling like crap the next morning, you know it was a Friday night out with the Chicago Crew.

All of this- and a raging hangover that lasted all of Saturday morning- over a party I didn't even want to go to in the first place. Luckily, I had a good designated driver. Now if only she could fill in the blanks about my conversation with The Crush, most of the gaps for the evening will all have been relatively filled. Unfortunately, seeing as she wasn't there for most of it, I just have to believe it was our everyday normal, playful banter--and nothing more than a kiss good-bye.

Looks as though I need to re-evaluate my cocktail strategy in a jiffy as we have a big pub crawl coming up. Luckily, there won't be any hills down which to stumble, but the same cast of characters will be present and I'm hoping to stumble away with my memory intact on that one. I predict that party will be far more memorable than Friday night's bash.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, is that all you remember??

    I haven't forgotten about you - let's plan another night out soon!

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home