Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

04 February 2007

Where Were the Bears?

And the answer to that question, in case you didn't watch the game, is obviously not playing for the Lombardi trophy.

The best coverage of the game can be found here. It's non-biased and sadly all too true. We just didn't show up to play. At least not after the first quarter. And by the fourth? Well, most people at the bar were filtering out and one woman even passed out (but that could've been because she drank too much).

As much as I adore my Bears, I dislike Grossman with a passion. We've given Mr. Inaccurate enough chances and he just isn't Big Game material. Plus, it appears as though he waxes his brows and has them shaped, and I just can't swallow that sort of behavior from our QB. We can lose him tomorrow and I don't think anyone would care. We may even throw a big party.

But it wasn't all Grossman. Even our almighty defense lost their mojo, and when that happened things went downhill.

But...It wasn't a blow-out and we at least made it to the SuperBowl after 21 looooong years.

Football aside, the kick-off show was about as lame as they come. The commercials sucked (although I did chuckle at the CareerBuilder ones) and were a complete waste of $2.6 million. And the halftime show (which generally isn't much good anyway): Prince? Ummm... Who came up with that amazingly bad idea?

The good news: We had a fantastic season and deserved to be in the SuperBowl, and winning would've been nice.

The bad news: We really weren't the best team and therefore lost.

Mediocre and slightly un-newsworthy drivel: Though I would always root for the Bears regardless of any extenuating circumstances (after all, I root for them with Grossman as the QB), I adore Peyton Manning- who by the by used to be on fantasy squad for 4 years running- and am therefore happy to see him victorious--even if that means his victory was our sad loss.

2 Comments:

  • I think no matter how Grossman did, the talk this off-season would swirl on whether or not to get rid of him. Of course, part of that is, he sucks.

    I find it ironic that after the first month of the season, SI had this long cover story on Grossman, his evolution and how far he'd come...

    SI jinx?

    By Blogger Michael Hickerson, at 9:10 AM  

  • Sadly I think Rexy has lost some "hotness" in my eyes. Although he isn't the worst QB ever, he has a lot of grooming to do before he can be considered great. (And I don't mean his eyebrows).

    Blame it on the rain? as Milli Vanilli would say. Maybe. I did see a bad snap to Rex, too, it's hard to catch the ball when it's snapped off your inner thigh. I think they got cocky after Hester returned the opening kickoff. Unfortunately the Colts didn't let it effect them as much as the Bears did.

    We're used to losing teams here in Chicago so it's all the more sad when we get this far and don't bring home the trophy. Hopefully Griese will start in more games next year.

    By Blogger RockerMom, at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home