Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

27 May 2007

Say My Name

After many months of listening to Diva Niece babble on and on, laying out her extensive vocabulary for all to hear (in innumerable combinations no less), she finally made me the happiest Auntie ever by uttering my name yesterday. And not just once, but several times. Now that's pure fabulousness....and fantastic timing, too, what with my departure for China (and weeks away from her) just around the corner.

As for China, just 5 days until departure. This trip offers a mixed bag of emotions: Frustration (not only for the many months leading up to it, but also for what is bound to describe every waking minute there); relief (that this event will soon be over); nervousness (that the event will be the success we're expecting); pride (when the event is an unequivocal success). I've never worked so hard, been so frustrated, experienced so many counter-cultural issues (and survived them), and still made the strides I've made. Crazy and amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home