Losing Control of My Inner Monologue

29 September 2006

Random Friday Things

T-minus one week and counting before my biggest business trip of the year. Hence, my frazzled state this past week. And it will surely be stepped up to a scary level seen only once a year come next week. So far, everything is set up really nicely so I have every reason to believe this will be one giant success.

================================

Because of aforementioned frazzled state, celebrating CC's (early) birthday last night was extra-fun because I allowed myself to indulge in a few extra cocktails. We went to Uberstein, which is a glammed up version of the Brauhaus. It smelled too clean, was too shiny and new, and way too non-German fest-house including a lack of annoying German drinking songs piped into the bar. But, it had great big steins of yummy German drafts and pretzels as big as my head with a tasty cheddar bier dip on the side. And it really is all about the company. And that was fantastic.

================================

Because of the crazy week, I am spending my second Friday in a row at home, doing more laundry and just enjoying my home. It's drizzly and perfect for a night in. I don't feel as though I'm missing one last thing.

================================

Annoyance of the week: My handy-man bar friend has still not returned my email about my linen closet shelf installation. Rafferty's friend's husband is particularly skilled at doing this sort of stuff and rather than pay him in cash I can pay him in beer, which is cheaper than my handy-man friend would cost. I'd like to give the handy-man a chance--after all, he did drop by months ago to check everything out. But really, why leave me hanging? It's a not a big project, it's a job, it's money (cash), and he's able-bodied and committed to doing it. If I don't hear anything this week, I'm calling the friend's husband and asking him to assist. I'm sure things will happen quickly after that.

================================

Ickyness of the month: There is a dead bird by the front drivers side wheel of my car. The poor thing must have crashed into a first floor window or just pooped out in mid-flight. I have no idea how long it's been there since I am not married to my car. But the Ick Factor is huge. I called the association to alert them to the ickyness and asked them to have the maintenance folks come scrape it off the pavement, but it's still there. After all, this is an outdoor, common area issue and therefore falls in their domain. It's highly possible I have the laziest association ever.

================================

It's possible I may never need my heat this winter. It's chilly outside and super-hot in the halls and in my condo. No heat is on, but it's toasty in here. I need to crack the windows just to be comfortable. I can only imagine how warm it will be in here when it's really cold outside and the heat is turned on.

================================

I have spent the better part of the week "acclimating" our new VP to our office culture. Something is a bit wrong with this picture.

================================

Nice lazy weekend ahead of me. Three-year-old's birthday party tomorrow afternoon (yeah, fun fun), hopefully seeing Diva Niece there or afterwards, and seeing an old college roomie for lunch Sunday. Which means lots of me time in-between. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home